PENN PLAYS FELLOWSHIP
The Theatre Arts Program and Kelly Writers House are pleased to announce the fourth year of the PENN PLAYS FELLOWSHIP, a collaborative playwriting project open to current students, faculty, and staff at the University of Pennsylvania. The PENN PLAYS FELLOWSHIP features a $500 award for the winning playwright and the opportunity to develop the winner’s script through critical feedback by Penn faculty, professional writers, and dramaturgs. The Fellowship will culminate in a staged reading or workshop production of the winning work at the Bruce Montgomery Theatre.
- Deadline for play submissions: Sunday, October 15 (midnight)
- Winner announced: by Friday, November 17
- First public reading of winning script at KWH: December 8th,10:30 AM
- Play readings/performances: Thursday, February 7, 7:00 PM Bruce Montgomery Theatre, Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts
Play submission guidelines:
- Submission deadline: OCTOBER 15 (midnight).
- Please submit your play as a PDF, in an email to Jessica Lowenthal (email@example.com), with PENN PLAYS FELLOWSHIP ENTRY as the subject line.
- In the body of the email include your contact information: full name, phone, email address, and title of you play (or plays).
- Your name SHOULD NOT appear anywhere on the manuscript.
- The script should submitted in English, with one inch margins all sides, in 12 point font.
- Length of script: any length.
- Multiple submissions are ok; they will be read separately.
- No screenplays, please.
- Please feel free to send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBMIT YOUR PLAY!